500 gms Sooji/Rava
2 medium sized onions – Finely chopped
4 green chillies – FInally chopped
1inch piece of ginger – Finely chopped
Curry leaves – 7-8
Mustatrd seeds – 1 teaspoon
Urad Dal – 1/2 Teaspoon
Water – Four Glasses
oil – 3 tablespoons
Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Dry fry the rava for 10/15 mins on medium flame in a kadai.
2. Remove and cool the fried rava.
3. Heat oil in a kadai. Add the mustard and grad and let it splutter.
4. Add in the curry leaves and the chopped vegetables and fry till the onions become transparent.
5. Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
6. Add in the fried rava slowly, stirring all the while.
7. Keep stirring till the puma reaches the desire consistency.
8. Add in lemon juice and butter if required. (optional)
9. Remove from heat and serve hot with pickles, banana or papad.