Ghee – 1 Tablespoon
Water – ¾ cup (For the mix)
Sugar- 1 cup
Water – 1 cup (For sugar syrup)
Saffron – a pinch
Cardamom Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
(Cashew Nuts+ Pistachios + Almonds) Powder – 1 Tablespoon
Oil For Frying
1. Sieve the besan into a bowl.
2. Add the ghee and water.
3. Mix until pouring consistency.
4. In a saucepan, add the sugar, saffron and water.
5. Cook on medium heat while stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
6. Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Add the cardamom powder into the syrup.
9. Heat oil for deep-frying in a pan.
10. Take a holed plate, or a large round holed spoon that is generally used while deep-frying snacks.
11. Hold it over the hot oil.
12. Pour some besan batter onto it and tap it.
13. Boondi will fall into the oil for frying.
14. Drain the boondis and put them directly into the sugar syrup.
15. Continue this process till all the boondi is fried and soaked in the syrup.
16. Mix the bondi in the syrup with the powdered nuts.
17. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
18. Wet your palms with a bit of water and make balls with the sweetened boondi.
19. Keep the ladoos aside in a plate for another 5 minutes.
20. Smoothen the ladoos once more in your palms.
21. Boondi Ladoos are eady to serve.