As part of the Festival Of Words at Write Tribe.
A post a day for 7 days this week. Festival of words begins today.
7 quotes that speak to me :
1. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss
There was a time when I used to get irritated when someone said this to me. But as age progressed , I realized that being happy is what actually counts. Things always happen for a reason. Presumably good ones. 🙂
2. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe
This is the attitude that I adorned after I realized that perfection is just a myth.
3. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
― Robert Frost
Never take life seriously. Whatever happens good or bad, it is not going to last forever. Change is the only constant. And life goes on , no matter what.
4. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide, Autumn Leaves
People need to understand that life is not about being ‘like’ someone else. It is about liking who we really are.
5. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
There are no breaks in life. You either move ahead happily or sulk ahead. Time doesn’t stop for anyone.
6. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”
― Albert Einstein
This is something that I really appreciate in people. We are all equal in the eyes of God. Unless of course, he/she is a criminal and deserves to die.
7. Where there is love there is life.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
This is the most important thing in life. Life cannot move on with compromises and adjustments. Life moves on only with love. And to love others, we must first love ourselves.