As part of the Festival Of Words at Write Tribe.
A post a day for 7 days this week. Today is the Fifth Day.
7 Souvenirs from Switzerland
I have been having a terrible headache for the past three days and yesterday was the worst. Hence I couldn’t think of anything else to write and thought about something 7 in my life right now that I can photograph. As I browsed through the Swiss pictures, I realised I have exactly 7 souvenirs from Switzerland. Of course, my daughter collects keychains and the son bought a Swiss knife , those are not included in these. I generally limit these to two or at the most three. I got carried away this time. 😀
So here are my seven Souvenirs, all small and cute. 🙂
1. My USB hangs along with a quite a few keychains. I just added one more. 🙂
2. I wouldn’t leave Switzerland without this one. In memory of DDLJ.
3. A Cuckoo Clock is actually made in the Black Forests in Germany. I resisted buying one in Lucerne. But ended up buying this small one from Geneva. It is Battery operated. The pendulum moves. And it has two tones. Cuckoo and the Big Ben. 🙂
4. This plate was bought from Geneva too. My husband thought we can keep this in our home in India. Why would I say no? 😀
5. My handbag always has something like this hanging from it. So I couldn’t resist buying this one either. I know I am bad. 😦
6. I always buy a fridge magnet or two when I travel. This was the first Souvenir I bought in Switzerland. 🙂
7. I have always had a fetish for wallets, ever since I was a little girl. I always collected them. My parents gave in to my demands most of the time. These were cheaper in comparison to Barbies back then. I love handbags too. But Wallets are a weakness. I saw this in two shops and I resisted buying it. Finally at the Zurich airport, I gave in. 😦