The Liebster Blog Award: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely.Started in Germany(probably) & is used to highlight new/recent/lesser known blogs or let say blogs with less than 200 followers.
This is how it works
To accept the award, you must complete the following:
» Link back to the persons blog that have nominated you
» Nominate 10 more bloggers whom you feel are deserving of more subscribers & you pass the award on to them.
» Answer all questions posted by the nominator
» Create 10 questions for the nominees
» Contact the nominees and let them know that they have been nominated for the Liebster
- I have been nominated in the past but I rarely took the tag from them. The reason was that I never had enough people to tag and award on my list. This time around, I do. To all those others who have awarded me in the past and I have not been able to accept it, this is for you too even though I have picked my award from a warm and loving mother, blogger and friend Kathy. And yesterday at around midnight, the talented Sugandha tagged me too. 🙂 I have added her questions and their answers just now.
- Here I nominate 10 bloggers who I read on a regular basis and a few I just recently discovered , who manage to make my blogging experience as wonderful as it is now.
- Answers to Kathy’s questions :
1. Why do you write?
Simply because I love to write. 🙂
2. You are stranded in the middle of nowhere…who is with you and why?
I would love to be stranded with my first ever crush. I always wonder what happened to him. 😉
3. If you could be dropped inside the pages of a book and become a character of the story…which book would you choose and why?
I would love to be Miss Marple. I am sure at that age I will have lots of time to solve mysteries if I am alive and kicking.
4. If you could be any animal, which one would you be?
A bird . A parrot. I could fly. I would be colourful. I need to talk only if I really want to.
5. The waiter is at your table taking your drink order.What do you order?
I would order a fresh Orange juice or maybe a Fanta.
6. If you could invent a machine to do a task you hate for you, what would you invent?
I would invent a machine that I used to adore as a kid while watching Jetsons. The press of a button should get me scrambled eggs or pancakes or steak on the table. I hate cooking! The same machine should clear the table and dishes as well! 😀
7. Would you rather have magical powers or money?
Magical powers. Then I can get anything I want. Even those that money can’t buy. 😦
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would love to live in London. That is the only place that felt like home when I went visiting there. I have no idea why!
9. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
I would go on a month long tour of the US of A. I have heard so much about it. Haven’t had the opportunity of even visiting it once as yet.
10. If you could have anything you wanted for Christmas, what would it be and why?
I would like to wake up to snow everywhere. Spend the entire week leading upto new years enjoying the snow fall and good company to stay indoors or maybe make a few snowmen and have a snow fight. Yes, I would like to celebrate a white Christmas at least once in my life.
- Answer to Sugandha’s Questions:
1. One place you recommend to visit.
Istanbul – the place has a mixture Arab and European lifestyle and its history is intriguing indeed.
2. Your favorite activity apart from blog and books.
I watch movies regularly much more than I blog or read. 😀
3. Fiction or non-fiction read.
4. Beach or hills, better holiday destination?
Hills. I am not too fond of swim wear. 😀
5. Your reaction to someone who hates blogging.
Ignorance is Bliss!
6. One mean thing you ever did to promote your blog.
I used to post my page and post links frequently on my FB wall. That was mean indeed. Now I let bloglovin do it. 😀
7. Stuck at 4 am, whom will you call apart from your spouse if you have one.
Both my sisters live close by. I would call my eldest first and then my second eldest if the first one is unreachable.
8. Favorite music genre.
Romantic, slow, soothing…. You get the drift…mushy stuff.
9. Music versus books, pick either.
Books these days. Music brings about a lot of memories.
10. Going out or stay indoors, what’s your idea of a perfect evening?
A family dinner out when everyone is in a happy mood. Followed by a walk along the beach enjoying our favourite ice creams.
- My 10 Questions to the nominees :
- Who is it that inspired you to blog or who got you interested in blogging?
- How does blogging help you in your daily life?
- Who would you like to be stranded with in an unknown island for two days?
- What the three things that we do not know about you?
- It is said that we should be grateful in life. What are the 5 things you are grateful for at this point in time?
- Which blogging platform do you prefer? And why?
- What are the three places that you would like to visit in 2014?
- If you could suggest any family member or non blogging friend to blog, who would it be? And why?
- Is there a place you visited recently, that you would love to go back to ? If yes, then tell us why.
- If I were to ask you which book/movie has influenced you the most this year, which one would it be?
- Going to inform the nominees as soon as I post this. 🙂
And I thus have officially accepted the award. Thank you Kathy and Sugandha. 🙂