Onion – 1 Medium sized, sliced
Turmeric Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
Chilly Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Oil – 2 Tablespoon
Mustard Seeds – ¼ Teaspoon
Urad dal – ¼ teaspoon
Dried whole red Chilly – 2
Curry Leaves – 8-10
Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add in the Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Whole red chillies.
- When the mustard seeds splutter add in the curry leaves.
- Now add in the onions.
- Sauté till onions are light brown
- Add in Red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add in the chopped beans.
- Sauté for a minute.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water on them.
- Cover and cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Open the cover and Sauté till the beans are cooked.
- Certain beans may need some extra water to cook.
- Serve with Chapattis or Steamed Rice.